Partners in Training Proposal Guidelines
HPEF awards individual grants ranging from $5,000–$20,000, representing a maximum of 50 percent of the total project cost. The proposed project must be implemented in 2018 or 2019. Typically, 50 percent of the award is provided after receipt of a signed agreement between the grantee and HPEF; the remainder is released after the grantee submits a final report that is approved by HPEF. At the present time, HPEF is only considering proposals for projects undertaken in the United States.
- The proposed project must represent an important or emerging technical preservation topic not fully addressed by others.
- The proposed project must be unique from ongoing programs (e.g., annual meetings of organization).
- The proposed project must be undertaken in the United States and the applicant organization must be based in the United States.
- The applicant organization must demonstrate previous successful experience planning and implementing events of similar structure and scale.
- The person who will assume the primary role in design and implementation of the initiative must be identified and must be qualified (Initiative Chair).
- The commitment of the primary institution or organization and any key partners must be demonstrated.
- Proposed budget must be reasonable and realistic.
- Preference will be given to projects that are matched with other funds.
- Project Narrative
- Proposal Description: goal, need, approach, preliminary identification of partners and participants, especially any instructors or other individuals who will conduct training
- Overview of institution or organization making application
- Resume of Initiative Chair
- Preliminary Schedule
- Letters of Intent: from primary institution(s) and partners, from key participants (speakers)
- Budget: total budget for proposed project identifying all project costs, registration fees, etc.
- Identification of sources and amounts of any additional funding (both financial and in kind)
The next Partners in Training Call for Proposals will open in mid-July 2017 and will close on October 1, 2017. Funding decisions for that round will be announced on/about December 1, 2017.
For additional information about the program, please contact email@example.com.