Partners in Training Proposal Guidelines
HPEF awards individual grants ranging from $5,000–$20,000, representing a maximum of 50 percent of the total project cost. The proposed project must be implemented within two years of the signed agreement. Typically, 50 percent of the award is provided after receipt of a signed agreement between the grantee and HPEF; the remainder is released after the grantee submits a final report that is approved by HPEF. At the present time, HPEF is only considering proposals for projects undertaken in the United States.
- The proposed project must represent an important or emerging technical preservation topic not fully addressed by others.
- The proposed project must be unique from ongoing programs (e.g., annual meetings of organization).
- The proposed project must be undertaken in the United States and the applicant organization must be based in the United States.
- The applicant organization must demonstrate previous successful experience planning and implementing events of similar structure and scale.
- The person who will assume the primary role in design and implementation of the initiative must be identified and must be qualified (Initiative Chair).
- The commitment of the primary institution or organization and any key partners must be demonstrated.
- Proposed budget must be reasonable and realistic.
- Preference will be given to projects that are matched with other funds.
- Project Narrative
- Proposal Description: goal, need, approach, preliminary identification of partners and participants, especially any instructors or other individuals who will conduct training
- Overview of institution or organization making application
- Resume of Initiative Chair
- Preliminary Schedule
- Letters of Intent: from primary institution(s) and partners, from key participants (speakers)
- Budget: total budget for proposed project identifying all project costs, registration fees, etc.
- Identification of sources and amounts of any additional funding (both financial and in kind)
The Spring 2018 Call for Proposals is currently open. It will close on April 2, 2018, and decisions will be announced on or about June 1, 2018.
For additional information about the program, or to receive notification of the next open call for proposals, please contact email@example.com.